Fairview Heights, Illinois is located in the southwest corner of the State of Illinois about 13 miles from St. Louis, Missouri. The population of Fairview Heights is 15,034. Fairview Heights' proximity to St. Louis makes it ideal for manufacturing, retail industries and tourism.
A growing community, Fairview Heights offers all the advantages of a St. Louis Metro location, yet retains small town hospitality and well planned travel routes. Fairview Heights is a local center of retail trade and tourism for all of Southwestern Illinois. St. Clair Square Mall is a shopper's paradise offering a variety of shops and restaurants. The Metrolink provides fast, reliable and inexpensive transportation to and from downtown St. Louis and Lambert International Airport.
Boots for all Occupations
The St. Louis Science Center
The St. Louis Zoo
St. Louis Art Museum
Gateway Arch & Museum
Missouri Botanical Gardens
Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tours
Eugene Field House & Toy Museum
The Magic House
Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
Economic Development Related Activities in Fairview Heights
As submitted by Mike Malloy, Economic Development Director
March 2, 2015
· Taqueria Olvera, a Mexican restaurant, plans to open this week in the Hooters Center at 341 Market Place Drive.
· TGI Friday’s replacement prototype restaurant is scheduled to open today for business.
· Stonewheel (auto parts distributor) is scheduled to occupy 5,000 square feet at 7 Canty Lane in March.
· Cloud 9, a café, lounge, and emporium, will open shortly in Chateau Plaza at 5205 North Illinois.
· Teat Chapel Funeral Home has recently opened at 10419 Lincoln Trail.
· Space at 41 Longacre is being renovated for a hair salon.
· Meineke Muffler’s Letter of Intent for the City to provide $74,838.75 over a two (2) year period for $489,925.00 of redevelopment was approved by City Council on February 17th.
· The Planning Committee, on February 25th, recommended approval of a cost sharing agreement with Arrowhead Building Supply to have TWM prepare engineering plans for a 38 acre Business/Industrial fronting on IL Rt 161. Council will consider approval of the Cost Sharing Agreement on March 3rd.
· Proposed TIF #4 and #5 Joint Review Board’s (taxing districts) met on February 20th to discuss the use of incremental taxes. Public hearings on both proposed TIF’s are scheduled for April 7th.
· The Lincoln Trail Streetscape project latest revisions have been signed off on by Pace Properties with one (1) minor exception which involves the placement of four way stop at Market Place and a driveway at Petco/DSW intersection. The Lincoln Trail TIF Subcommittee, on March 26th, is scheduled to consider approval of the 4 phase $3,531,000 project.
· Staff is working with a retail prospect to occupy an estimated 2,200 square feet, with estimated sales of $500,000/yr. A minimum of 3 FTE employees would be employed all year with seasonal employment peaking at 15 FTE’s.
· Staff has formally submitted to the General Services Administration (GSA) the 2nd and 3rd floors of City Hall to house FBI offices.
· Staff is working to locate a Raising Cane’s restaurant and Bricktown Brewers in the city as a result of attending an ICSC meeting in Omaha, NE in January.
· Staff is working with a shoe retailer, seeking in excess of 20,000 square feet, to locate in the city.
Parks & Recreation - February 2015 Newsletter
Story Time at the Library every Wednesday 1:30 - 2:15 p.m. >> more
1- Police Department Press Release
2- Sign-up for CodeRED Here